Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Esteemed academia: Wandering Cambridge

During my travels, my inner nerd rejoiced when visiting esteemed academic institutions University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England; University of Oxford in Oxford, England and Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.

Stop One was Cambridge, the second-oldest university in the UK and the English-speaking world. While walking along the city's cobblestone streets, I made a bee-line for the Cambridge University Press shop. Just because I wanted to be in a sea of Cambridge press. England, books, reading, knowledge, information. Ahhh, glorious.

Below is one (of a few) of my favorite photos from Cambridge. This is Great St. Mary's University Church. I think this photo definitely embodies a part of the personality of the city: Cobblestone streets, rain (off and on), bikes chained to a rail (used for travel to and from academic activities?), an aged church, and most importantly, knowledge sharing.

Great St. Mary's University Church in Cambridge, England.
I hope I left Cambridge a bit more learned than when I first stepped foot on the grounds. 

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment