Monday, August 15, 2011

Copenhagen, DK: Home of the Little Mermaid, A Part of Your World

The Little Mermaid. Not Ariel. I'm talking about the Hans Christian Andersen variety here. This Andersen-inspired mermaid statue calls the edges of Copenhagen's Lagenlinie harbor home.

The mermaid is a young woman who is "willing to give up her life in the sea and her identity as a mermaid to gain a human soul and the love of a human prince." She now welcomes throngs of visitors to Copenhagen's harbor.

The little mermaid, at home in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Perhaps she "still" longs to be a part of our world, as she did in Disney's retelling of her story.


Part of Your World (Reprise)

What would I give to live where you are?
What would I pay to stay here beside you?
What would I do to see you smiling at me?

Where would we walk?
Where would we run?
If we could stay all day in the sun
Just you and me, and I could be
Part of your world

I don't know when, I don't know how
But I know something's starting right now
Watch and you'll see, someday I'll be
Part of your world

No comments:

Post a Comment